MSF Lebanon Branch like the other 20 MSF offices across the globe is part of the MSF international movement.
MSF Lebanon branch office is mainly located in Beirut with a satellite team in Egypt , coexist and collaborate with operations activities in both countries.
Our HR department with in the MSF Lebanon Branch and Cairo office is composed of 6 full time employees based between Beirut and Cairo working together in the different areas of the general MSF HR strategy.
From Lebanon and Egypt, we work regionally and contribute globally to MSF’s medical humanitarian response in their emergency and regular responses and interventions all over the world.
The Development Advisor/Recruiter lead the career path projection of all employees falling under MSF Lebanon management to meet both the employee and organization ambitions, and act as an HR partner for the HR director of the Branch in all domains related to Learning and Development (L&D) accountabilities/activities and international field staffing strategies among the 5 Operational Centers of MSF.
The Development Advisor/Recruiter will also be managing a pool of employee’s resident in either Lebanon or Egypt, consisted of:
- all mobile staff resident in Lebanon or Egypt, regardless of assignment field mission destination and under which operation center.
Toward moving forward to a more global workforce approach, optimizing collaboration between proximate physical MSF entities and mutualizing expertise:
- Employees validated by the HR department of Lebanon, Syria and Egypt mission for temporary mobile assignment, following the general detachment policy and within partnership with the PDM of the mission, ( as each HR department of each mission remains the general focal point for all Land D of the mission’s employees), both prior and during their secondment – in matter of mobility.
- Identified key staff1 in Lebanon, Syria and Egypt mission (regardless of their availability in term of mobility), with in partnership with the PDM of the mission and line manager – in matter of individual plans.
1- Focal point and career advisor for employees following under his/her management:
- Throughout adopting a coach posture via stimulating reflections of career paths that meet both employee and the organization’s need, establish and monitor individual plans for each employee that meet both the employee and the organization’s ambitions and needs.
- Engage the line manager (if mobile staff, through identifying personal objectives prior matching and sharing it with pool manager) in their responsibility in the development of the employees and the agreed development plan.
- Maintain regular contact with all employees under her/his management (before, during and after any assignment) and establish rapport that contribute to building trust and nourish safe space for constant constructive feedback and if needed to address any areas raised through the performance management at field level.
- As the expert of current training available in the movement (on Tembo platform and beyond), guide the international mobile employees under his management on the selection/enrollment or application for trainings that meet the development plan.
- Responsible of updating each employee data in all HRIS MSF Lebanon tools and other excel files, with in respect to data confidentiality, and secure at any time an overview file of all employees (availability, profiles, key competencies, steps in the individual plan, extra)
- Follow up any case management of any employee, be involved in work-related duty of care cases and if needed reach out to different stakeholders in the HR department.
2- Leader of the international staffing process:
- Manage communication between different stakeholders in the matching process.
- Proactively reviews all operations field vacancies, and identifies employees for proposal, in compliant with the mission specific requirements, the specifics of the vacancy and the professional growth of the employee.
- Ensures maximum number of qualitative placements whilst retaining professionalism and quality, for experienced as well a new co candidates, in partnership with pool managers.
- Throughout the employee’s career, the Development Advisor/Recruiter facilitates the process of finding a new assignment in line with their development plan and the organizational needs in the med and long term.
- Actively update pool managers with the available profiles and availability and stimulate and nourish constant effective communication.
3- Leads and secures a proper on boarding briefings and debriefings of any new assignment and/or temporary position:
- Conducts on boarding, briefings (all stakeholders, please refer to Hermes tool if needed) and de-briefings along existing checklist in liaison with the Field HR Administration Officer
- Ensures proper briefing and debriefing with Staff Health Unit and keep a qualitative analysis (following feedback of employees) of the new psychosocial support in place.
- Secures the context and project’s understanding of the employee prior the finalization of his/her matching and the Duty of care/Informed consent/Information on risks in high insecure contexts
- Secures prior matching, cultural briefings when needed and adherence to MSF principles & values and to all international field staff policies of the mission (administrative, security, cultural, sanitary, holidays, extra) and raise awareness it can be updated by the mission at any time.
4- Contributes to inputs in order to nourish and guide when needed the General MSF HR strategy via:
- Quarterly data analysis and compilation of trends in term of career progression and needs.
- Contributes to general HR Reporting and statistics.
- Gets involved with the pool managers and recruiters in the analysis of the pool to make sure MSF’s future needs will be fulfilled.
- Works towards helping the overall organization understand field realities through returning field workers survey and trend analysis.
- Gives input to the organization on the employee’s future potential (e.g., ambition, competences, commitment to MSF) in order to give MSF insight in its current population and to identify the areas where action is needed in order to fulfill future needs.
- Under the request of the HR director, takes-on extra projects that contribute to improving talent management of our field staff.
5- Learning and Development domestic HR activities:
- As main focal point in all available training in the movement and Tembo expert, circulate information about the L&D strategy and trainings available to the HR manager
- Engage in inductions sessions explaining MSF Lebanon to locally hired staff in coexisting OPS entities and when needed Support the HR manager/officer in proper inductions for all newcomers of BO (Branch Office).
- Provides technical support to the HR manager in L and D management of departments
Potentially:/Punctually when/if needs arise
- Conducts of/facilitates trainings & workshops for regional Operations by Contextualizing L&D training content received from the HQ to match local needs (for the regional Operations – by Contextualizing L&D to each locations’ needs)
- Collaborates with L&D units in the movement and the missions HR L&D/PDM and support in case of needs.
- Can help if some projects needs extra support in new staff induction or recruitment for a given structure/project opening with our expertise
- Together with the field HR field team, implement and lead the selection process and recruit any International Mobile Staff profile according to the needs and manage all steps of the recruitment process for the profiles under her/his responsibility ( On average 8 target yearly) according to the criteria laid out by the technical and HR departments;
- Ensure a qualitative screening and follow-up of the applications who arrived through our Applicant Tracking System (HERO), meeting deadlines for contacting the candidates and providing them with appropriate information on their file status; by providing constructive feedback to all the candidates who have gone through the selection process, whether they are ultimately selected or not
- Ensure timely and qualitative fill up of the Applicants Tracking System (HERO), write reports of the pre-screen interview and the Competency Based Interview (CBI) done, as well as the reference check.
- Minimum a BA degree in HR/Admin, Psychology or related social science
- Master Degree in human resources is a plus
- At least 3 years’ experience in Learning & Development
- MSF field experience is mandatory
- Experience in facilitation is desirable
- Flexible, able to manage stress and to work outside of office hours as required
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written) is essential; French, Portuguese and Spanish are assets
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective networking abilities and organizational sensitivity
- Excellent communications skills
- Demonstrable experience in coaching and interviewing skills
- Excellent judgment and skilled in diplomacy
MSF Transversal competencies
- Commitment to MSF principles: level 4
- Behavioral flexibility: level 3
- Results & Quality orientation: level 3
- Teamwork & Cooperation: level 3
- People management & development: level 3
- Cross cultural awareness: level 4
- Service orientation: level 4 & beyond
- Capacity to negotiate: level 3
- Planning & Organizing: level 3
- Full time position, based in Beirut
- Occasional trips to Egypt (1 or 2 times per year)
- Position on Level 10 on the MSF function scale
- Permanent position: minimum moral engagement of 2 years, according to the contractual MSF Lebanon frame: first contract of Six months then renewed under a fixed permanent contract.
- Starting date: ideally July 2022
Please fill in the application form by June 12th 2022.
Link to the application form: https://msfme-hr.formstack.com/forms/da
Recent experience working with MSF in field positions is mandatory for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.